Date: Sunday, May 3rd, 2009!!
What is Hike for Hospice Palliative Care?
A unique national fundraising event across Canada that brings together organizations working together in hospice palliative care to raise funds and awareness in their community!
Why host a Hike?
* To raise much needed funds for hospice palliative care in Canada, but also to raise awareness of the many challenges faced by hospice palliative care and to promote the phenomenal work that all volunteers and professionals in the field perform daily.
* Funds raised through the Hike can ensure that more Canadians receive the end-of-life care they wish for.
* 100% of the funds raised stay in your community.
Who can host a Hike?
* Organizations that provide programs or services in hospice palliative care that can demonstrate that all profits generated through Hike for Hospice Palliative Care will be used to support these programs and services.
* Your organization is a member of the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association.
* Your organization is a registered charity as defined by Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, a Non-Profit Organization, a non-Governmental Organization or government organization such as a public health department.
Highlights from Hike 2008:
* Over 97 hike sites participated!
* Over $1,000,000.00, national was raised which was an increase of more than $200,000 from Hike 2007!
* New on-line fundraising Hike website supported by CHPCA with no expense to hike sites! (returning Hike 2009!!!)
* On-line fundraising website helped increase funds and awareness in communities.
For more information, visit Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA).