The Humorous Side of Real Estate…

This is your house as seen by…



Your Buyer…


Your Lender…


Your Appraiser…


Your Tax Assessor…


Great North End Location at 151 Linwell Road Unit 30!

UPDATE: This property was reduced in price and sold! Click here for the update!

Please use our online complimentary St. Catharines Ontario real estate search to find similar available listings.

30-151 Linwell


Just over 1,000 sq ft plus basement
Great North end Location!
Owner Occupied since 1997
Huge master bedroom
Updated kitchen
1.5 bathrooms
Finished recreation room
Private fenced backyard


Click here for more detailed brochure

Timothy Supports the Niagara Ice Dogs!!

Welcome Niagara Ice Dogs

Let’s welcome the Niagara Ice Dogs to St. Catharines!! There’s quite a buzz in the city as the Niagara Ice Dogs take to the ice this Friday night in their first home game against the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors, the game starts at 7:30pm at the Jack Gatecliff Arena.

I have many clients and friends attending this game. To purchase tickets, check out the 2007-2008 schedule or any questions, please contact the Niagara Ice Dogs at 

Anybody who attends the game and wants to report on it or the impact of the Ice Dogs to the area, don’t hesitate to add a comment!

Here was the press release dated June 5th, 2007


Current Mortgage Rates

5-Year Fixed 5.69%
3-Year VRM 5.40%, Prime minus 0.85%

Quote of the Week

“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
Pablo Picasso

Paul Croteau
Mortgage Specialist
BMO Bank of Montreal
ph: (905) 321-3230

United Way Sets $3.1M Target

Frances Hallworth could likely think of 3.1 million reasons to donate to the United Way of St. Catharines and District. The executive director for the charity just hopes residents throughout north Niagara will think of a few of themselves and help the United Way reach its goal of $3.1 million for the 2007 campaign, which kicks off today.

Take last week’s fire on Roehampton Avenue that left 36 families homeless and created a major crisis for local emergency response agencies – some of which receive funding from the United Way to help in moments like this.

Click here to read the rest of the story written by Tiffany Mayer: St. Catharines Standard.

Fire Safety

My full-time investment specialist, Karl Regier, and myself help many clients purchase properties while their child(ren) attend Colleges or Universities (in our area, Niagara College and Brock University). Their children have an affordable place to stay and, at the same time, the parents are able to make some additional money.

When young people attend a college or university, they will often be living away from home for the first time. This can be a concern for parents as they try to ensure their children will be safe when they’re not living under the same roof.

The following is important fire safety information that every student should know before moving away from home. Parents should discuss these basic fire safety rules with their kids before dropping them off at their new home.

Also, if you have any stories, questions or experiences that you would like to share and have posted in our blog, please let us know by emailing us at and share with other parents.

Timothy Salisbury & Karl Reiger

Cooking is the number one cause of home fires in Ontario. If the student accommodation has cooking facilities, there are some basic fire safety rules they must follow to prevent cooking fires:

  • A stovetop fire can start in a flash, so stay in the kitchen when something is cooking on the stove.
  • Keep all combustible items a safe distance away from the stove.  This includes tea towels, wooden or plastic spoons, and paper towels.
  • Keep a pot lid near the stove to smother flames if a fire starts in a pot.

The use of candles is becoming more and more popular, especially among young people. To prevent candle fires:

  • Use tea lights or votive candles in non-combustible containers.
  • Place the candles in a location where they can’t be knocked over or come in contact with combustible items.
  • Blow out all candles before leaving the room or going to bed.

Fires caused by smoking can be deadly. Even if they don’t smoke themselves, chances are the student will have friends that do. To prevent smoking fires:

  • Encourage smokers to go outside.
  • Keep large, deep ashtrays on hand that will reduce the risk of ashes and cigarette butts falling onto rugs or upholstery.
  • Allow ashes to cool completely before disposing.

Electrical Equipment
Overloaded circuits and octopus wiring are dangerous electrical hazards that can be avoided. To prevent fires caused by electrical equipment:

  • Use an approved power bar with a circuit breaker and surge protector to plug in computer and stereo equipment.
  • Avoid the use of extension cords as permanent wiring.
  • Make sure electrical cords are not concealed under carpets or rugs where they can be easily damaged.

Space Heaters
The central heating systems in older accommodations are often supplemented with space heaters. To prevent heating fires:

  • keep the space heater at least one metre away from anything that can burn, such as paper, bedding, furniture, and curtains.
  • Turn off the space heater before going out or going to bed.

Social Gatherings
Parties are as much a part of student life as attending classes. While most student parties are harmless fun, the consumption of alcohol combined with cooking or smoking can create a serious fire risk. To minimize the risk of fires during or after parties:

  • Avoid overcrowding. The more people attending the party, the easier it is to lose control of the situation.
  • Encourage guests to smoke outside. Consider putting up no smoking signs that direct guests to an outside smoking area.
  • Refrain from burning candles during parties. They can easily be knocked over or ignite nearby combustibles, unnoticed.

Smoke Alarms
If a fire does occur, it is critical that the dwelling have working smoke alarms to alert occupants as soon as possible.

  • The responsibility for smoke alarm installation and maintenance lies with the homeowner or landlord, however, it is a good idea for parents to provide their child with a smoke alarm for his or her bedroom.
  • It is against the law for tenants to disable or tamper with a smoke alarm.
  • If a smoke alarm activates due to steam from the shower or cooking on the stove, oven or toaster, ask the landlord to remove the alarm and put it in a different location, or install a smoke alarm with a pause feature.

Fire Escape Planning
When the smoke alarm sounds, everyone must know what to do and where to go. Encourage students to develop a fire escape plan, keeping the following in mind:

  • Know two ways out of every room, if possible. The first way out would be the door, while an alternate escape may be a window that can be exited safely. Make sure all designated escape routes are accessible and free of clutter.
  • Leave the building as quickly as possible. Once outside, don’t re-enter the building for any reason.
  • Call 9-1-1 from outside the building using a cell phone or neighbours phone.